[Tile-serving] openstreetmap-carto benchmark results

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Sat May 18 12:27:04 UTC 2013

Le samedi 18 mai 2013 11:00:58, Paul Norman a écrit :
(...)
> I also want to re-format all the SQL - right now it's formatted to produce
> pretty mapnik XML with the \n and tabs, I'd much rather an easier to edit
> .mml.

For the same reasons (easier reading of queries, better view of proposed
patchs in github's diff views) we moved toward another step of pre-processing
for the mml file.

It's rather hackish and hand crafted but here is what we did :

We use a "basterdized" mml file named project.mml.in that we "compile" into a
style.mml true json file with a Makefile+shellscripts

Here is how it looks like :
https://github.com/osm-fr/2u/blob/master/project.mml.in#L139

https://github.com/osm-fr/2u/blob/master/Makefile
https://github.com/osm-fr/2u/blob/master/remove-end-slashes.sh