[Tile-serving] openstreetmap-carto benchmark results

AJ Ashton aj.ashton at gmail.com
Sat May 18 15:35:30 UTC 2013

In TileMill 2 we've switched from JSON to YAML for specifying the data
layers, allowing for comments, variables, and multi-line strings. I don't
know if there are plans to move this into Carto directly. I've also used a
similar method as sly to go from yml -> json via a makefile for TileMill
0.x projects [1].

[1]: example: https://github.com/ajashton/osm-elemental

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 May 2013 13:27, sly (sylvain letuffe) <liste at letuffe.org> wrote:
>
> > We use a "basterdized" mml file named project.mml.in that we "compile"
> into a
> > style.mml true json file with a Makefile+shellscripts
> >
> > Here is how it looks like :
> > https://github.com/osm-fr/2u/blob/master/project.mml.in#L139
>
> That's a neat idea! I wonder if we can get something similar included
> into Tilemill / carto directly, to avoid the need for the Makefile,
> having `make` installed, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

AJ Ashton