[Tile-serving] New option for tile server: Nginx+Tirex

Hiroshi Miura(@osmf) miurahr at osmf.jp
Wed May 22 23:58:36 UTC 2013

On 2013年05月23日 02:16, Paul Norman wrote:
>> From: Hiroshi Miura(@osmf) [mailto:miurahr at osmf.jp]
>>
>> You are always welcome to join, as same as other project, forking,
>> hacking and pull requesting on
>>
>> https://github.com/osmfj/tilecache
> Is this related to the existing tilecache software at http://www.tilecache.org/? If not, might I suggest a different name?

 It is not related to tilecache.org.  Sorry if you are confused.

At first, I'm intended to build a cache server for tile CDN, so I named it 'tilecache' on our repository.
And then, extend it as tile server recipe.
After a month, there are over 300 lines of tirex driver code.

A renaming  is one of issues for the project.
Do you have any suggestion?

FYI: It has three types of snippets.

First is a core lua code to connect and drive tirex from nginx.
      https://github.com/osmfj/tilecache/tree/master/nginx/script

Second is a configuration for OSM japan tile server
  and several typical examples of Nginx configuration using core components.
       https://github.com/osmfj/tilecache/tree/master/nginx/sites

Third one is  an utility script to import planet data, update and expire tiles.
        https://github.com/osmfj/tilecache/tree/master/updatedb

Hiroshi