[Tile-serving] New option for tile server: Nginx+Tirex

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 23 13:48:25 UTC 2013

Hiroshi,

> Thanks for powerful features of Nginx and its 3rd party modules,
> we developed a tile server front-end on Nginx that work with
> Tirex and PostgreSQL/PostGIS.

Thank you, this is very interesting. I have long wanted to write a
proper Apache module that would talk to Tirex directly rather than use
Tirex' mod-tile socket emulation, but I'm not religious about web
servers so if Nginx does the job, why not use that.

It will be interesting to see whether the lua code can match the C-based
mod_tile in terms of throughput on a high-traffic system.

Good job!

Bye
Frederik