[Tilesathome] Inkscape and Debian Testing.

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Sep 5 10:33:05 BST 2007

Hm,

> Devs: We might need to warn more explicitly about the enormous amounts
> of RAM the rendering of detailed svgs costs. (i.e. the z17 svg which
> covers the entire z12 tile area at full detail)

If someone is low on memory, we could always split the detailed tiles
into multiple parts. No reason why we should not render z17 in two
halves (apart from a speed penalty for running Osmarender twice).

How does Osmarender deal with the "<bounds>" tag for clipping - does
it actually create a smaller SVG if one sets <bounds> to half the
size, or does it just tell Inkscape what the visible area should be?
If the former, then inserting appropriate <bounds> will suffice; if
the latter, then we'll have to cut the OSM file in half.

Bye
Frederik