[Tilesathome] Inkscape and Debian Testing.

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Wed Sep 5 14:41:59 BST 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:51:03PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> > In general as coverage is getting more extensive we will encounter
> > more and more z12 tiles that are indigestible.

If I understand the code right, it renders the svg2png in one go and splits up the png into subtiles then. I don't know whether Inkscape chokes on the actual z12 rendering or rather on the rendering of a complete z12 tile at zoom 17 (which contains lot's more stuff). If its the latter case we could theoretically render the z12 in one go and split the svg file in smaller pieces and feed them to inkscape for higher zoom levels. It might not even be much code to do that, however, I don't think I'd volunteer for such a task.

> >   Perhaps we should consider rendering tilesets at z13?  What would
> > the impact be?
> I was hoping we would move the other way round - spaetz has started
> rendering z11 and z10 tiles in full using OSMXapi, considerably
> improving the presentation of those...

It's actually z8-z11 and Inkscape manages fine as there is much less data to render, given we work on the filtered data set.

spaetz