[Tilesathome] API Bottleneck

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Thu Sep 20 13:01:50 BST 2007

>> Perhaps then all pending priority 2 tiles that are unprocessed each
>> Wednesday evening could automatically be flagged as being renderable by
>> the Zappy API.
>
> I think that the T at H system should move wholesale to the zappy api. The
> main API is far too overloaded to support rendering tiles that will
> probably never be looked at.

I'm not quite sure about that. One of the unique selling points (at least
for me) of T at H is that I can update an area and see quite quickly how it
meshes with the tiles around it.

Usually, I render the tiles I'm currently working on myself and upload
them to T at H so they don't even enter the public queue. I assume that if I
can get the area in JOSM, my tileGen.pl should also be able to do so ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...