[Tilesathome] Maplint change request

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Sep 29 15:48:11 BST 2007

Hi,

> Purpose: Due to a large-scale import of place nodes from US Government
> GNS data, the nodes created have a large number of attributes in a
> gns: namespace. I have excluded these attributes from maplint
> consideration in a manner consistent with the equivalent tiger and AND
> attributes.

That patch doesn't work (at least not for long) because tests.xml is
auto-generated from the snippets in the test subdirectory, where the
one you're looking for is in strict/not_in_map_features.xml, which in
turn is generated by strict/not_in_map_features.pl. It is there that
you have to enter your changes if you want them to be permanent.

Yes I know it is a pain and the generated files should really carry a
huge message in the first lines like "do not edit this file". I think
it used to have one but now it hasn't. Would be great if you could
re-do your patch on the .pl file but if you're uncomfortable with that
I can doit tonight.

Bye
Frederik