[Tilesathome] Proposal: Keeping tileset as one file

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 6 18:24:20 BST 2008

Hi,

> The advantage is that writing articles to a storage means only appending
> or linear overwriting of the containers storage and expiring the old
> locations. Thing about a log structured filesystems.

I don't understand this argument. You argue that filesystems cannot
be trusted to do efficiently what they were designed to do, and that
we would be better of coding something of our on on top?

It won't be long and you'll tell us to return to the design we had
two years ago where the PNG data was contained in blobs in the
database, on the grounds that the database is more efficient in
retrieving these blobs from its one huge storage file than the
filesystem can serve tiles ;-)

Bye
Frederik