[Tilesathome] Some server figures

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Tue Jun 24 19:37:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 05:03:12PM +0200, Hakan Tandogan wrote:
> On Tue, June 24, 2008 16:48, Rodolphe Quiedeville wrote:
> > So why not dispatch the serving step to some off server like mine by dns
> > round robin or using a.tah.openstreetmap.org, b.tah, .... It's easy to set
> > up, just define letter.tah. a CNAME and easy to come back if you want.
> >
> > I'll be very happy to share my hardware and to serve the OSM project.
>
> Isn't this easier achieved by simply installing a squid (reverse) proxy on
> your machines (like it is done on informationfreeway.org)?

Do we have some access logfiles? E.g. what is the average request count
per tile? Do we server the average tile more than once?

I have no feeling for how much the 4 million tiles get spread over the
working set.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little