[Tilesathome] Proposal: Keeping tileset as one file

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 26 14:06:46 BST 2008

Hi,

>> If client A uploads a tar with tiles 1, 2, 3, and later B uploads
>> a tar
>> with tiles 10, 11, 3, then you have two choices:
>>
>> 2. replace the tile in-place in A's archive, which would require
>> taking
>> apart both tar files and re-assembling them.
>
> You just need to delete the file from A and keep the new file in B.
> Once A is empty you can delete that file as well.

Which would be the same as my option (1) which you have'nt quoted
above;-)... actually "deleting" the file from, say, a tar archive
wouldn't gain you anything storage-wise as you cannot shorten the
tar, so it's enough to simply drop the old reference from the index.
Plus you'll need the reverse index to detect whether the file is
"empty".

Bye
Frederik