[Tilesathome] Bug in code for batik=2

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 8 10:48:38 BST 2008

Hi,

>> Anyway, if batik can run reasonably fast even in interpretted mode,
>> then it may outperform inkscape running with -server flag. But it
>> would require to change genTiles.pl to render all zoom levels in one
>> batik invocation.
>
> The main reason for Batik integration is not speed, but memory
> consumption.

As an aside, a few days ago I managed to render a 90 MB SVG file on a
machine with 2 GB RAM, using out-of-the-box rsvg. The results were
not quite up to scratch for t at h, for example the letters would
sometimes be partly beneath (instead of on top of) streets, but for a
general rendering it was ok. It was a z11 styled image so I don't
even know whether text along roads would have worked. But we should
certainly keep rsvg on our radar.

Bye
Frederik