[Tilesathome] Take heed of access restrictions

Knut Arne Bjørndal bob+osm at cakebox.net
Fri May 16 19:21:54 BST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:12:05PM +0200, Marc Schütz wrote:
> Some months ago I wrote a patch to render access=* (see this trac ticket:
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/364). Unfortunately there wasn't a lot
> of feedback, so I'm writing this notice to encourage some discussion.

Hi. Sorry you didn't get any response on this, I had a look at it at
the time, and I think I saw some niggles with it though I'm not
certain I remember what it was...

Could have been that it doesn't look good for ways that go diagonal
like the lines you are drawing. Perhaps doing diagonals both ways
(making a lot of tilted squares) would look better?

Also, now I found an old test output here that indicates it might in
some cases have the same kind of problem with bezier curves that
cycleways used to have. Try making a local test file with loads of
squiggly roads and see if the access markings follow the roads
properly. If it doesn't smart-linecap's is probably the problem.

--
Knut Arne Bjørndal
aka Bob Kåre
bob+osm at cakebox.net