[Tilesathome] Average Rendering Time

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Wed Jul 8 19:56:59 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 01:49:49PM -0400, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Without checking that particular tile it might take for some very
> complex tileset a few hours to render (Amsterdam tiles have been
> mentioned in that respect before).
>
> But, I guess it is more likely that the client just crashed, got
> aborted, lost power, lost network, has a bug or anything else that
> might happed that prevents the client from uploading without telling
> the server.

BTW Did anyone observe the case that the clients hangs at "Rendering..."
and inkscape is not running?

I have 8 instances running and all of them within 2 weeks
or something.

I tend to start tilegen loop with timeout so that it will get killed
from time to time but thats a crude hack.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little