[Tilesathome] Downloading map data failed

Jeremy Adams milenko at king-nerd.com
Thu Jun 16 18:21:40 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Neet <openstreetmap at neeteson.net> wrote:
> I installed Tiles at home on my computer in Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 10.04
> 64-bit. It fails in both OS to download map data. Are the servers down or
> did I made a configuration error? I have no proxy. This is the output of
> Tiles at home:
>
> ~/tiles at home/Vizag$ perl tilesGen.pl once
> - Using working directory /tmp
> - Pngcrush version 1.7.0
> - pngnq version 1.0
> - Java version 1.6 is available
> - ImageMagick version 6.5.7 (lowzoom enabled)
> - rendering using or/p
> This is version 23290 (Vizag) of tilesgen running on linux, ID: 2858
> - rasterizing using SVG::Rasterize::Engine::Inkscape
> * Take care to manually backup your inkscape user preferences
>   if you have knowingly changed them.
>   Some tilesets will cause inkscape to clobber that file!
> [#1   0% ] Tileset (12,2098,1354) around 51.92,4.44 complexity 16796832
> priority 2
> [#1   0% Download] Trying smaller slices for map data from TRAPI
> [#1   0% Download] Trying smaller slices for map data from
> ROMA
> [#1   0% Download] Trying smaller slices for map data from
> XAPI
> [#1   0% Download] All servers tried for data
> download
> [#1   0% Download] Putting job (12,2098,1354) back due to 'Download of data
> failed from TRAPI,ROMA,XAPI'
> [#1   0% Download] Warning: used uninitialized fault 0
> [#1   0% Download] Download of data failed from TRAPI,ROMA,XAPI
> [#1   0% Download] you may safely press Ctrl-C now if you want to exit
> tilesGen.pl
> [#1   0% Download] if you want to run this program continuously, use loop
> mode
> [#1   0% Download] please run "tilesGen.pl upload" now
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Neet.

The TRAPI servers are still struggling, so it's certainly possible
that your client tried for data and couldn't get it.  Running the
client in loop mode will allow it to keep trying until the servers can
return data.

The good news is that I just finished putting together a nice new 8
core Xeon with 24GB of RAM and 8x 10K SAS drives.  It's currently
be online in the next few days.  This will replace my old TRAPI server
which has been offline for ~2 months or so.

-Jeremy