[Tilesathome] Running behind a IPv6-only proxy

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Sun Jun 19 22:34:05 BST 2011

Am 09.06.2011 14:26, schrieb Rick van der Zwet:
> Attached a small patch using (p5-Net-INET6Glue) which enables IPv6
> functionality. In my case to resolve a IPv6 proxy, my only way of
> getting to IPv4 hosts on that machine.
>
> I believe this patch will also allow native IPv6 communication if this
> get activated on the servers. I am happy to test, but did not find (if
> any) test IPv6 hostnames to use.
>
> Br. /Rick
> [1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-INET6Glue/

I find IPv6 very intriguing, and feel motivated enough to do some IPv6
Stuff with the clients, but I need some time to wrap my head around what
INET6Glue really does in case some host is IPv4only, or the host is
dual-stacked but the internet connection is v4 only.

Sebastian: do you know wether our tileserver has a usable IPv6 address?

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0901°N 8.7868°E