[Tilesathome] Running behind a IPv6-only proxy

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Mon Jun 20 10:22:13 BST 2011

Am 20.06.2011 09:37, schrieb Sebastian Spaeth:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 23:34:05 +0200, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
>> Sebastian: do you know wether our tileserver has a usable IPv6 address?
>
> Yes, I know if it has one and you are not going to like the answer
> :-)... IPV4 is probably all, this server will ever have.

I think I might have infrastructure to provide some kind of
gateway/proxy/router to work around that.

> Besides IPv6, what are currently the most pressing needs? I find the
> recent developments with MapCSS clients pretty intriguing, and would
> love if we could switch to one of them to allow people to pick up MapCSS
> skills, and possibly get rid of inkscape.

I have not followed that too closely.

> But most pressing is probably the (lack of) decent TRAPI/ROMA
> infrastructure, isn't it?

Yes that's what I would name first, too. With Milenko's TRAPI back up
there are only two public TRAPI servers in the loadbalancing rotation.

I know of several private-run TRAPIs, but those are usually behind ADSL
lines and as such unusable for a wider audience. I myself have one
running for my renderers, but that is currently suffering from lack of
i/o speed and several days behind.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0901°N 8.7868°E