[Accessibility] [OpenStreetMap - Accessibility] Tactile Map ?

Pascal Boulerie pascal.boulerie at ensg.eu
Tue Sep 6 07:46:53 UTC 2016

Hello, Buenos dias,

I do not have any 3D tactile map.

Do you have access to a 3D printer at your university ? With 3D plans
from a third person, you could print it yourself ?

Maybe you could investigate that domain :
http://www.3ders.org/articles/20160209-3d-printed-linespace-display-brings-tactile-imagery-to-the-blind.html

Though personally, I think the future technology will not be 3D maps,
but 3D soft-printer or touch screen,
some device that will output a 3D object on a tactile screen.
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/merrie/papers/touchplates.pdf

(in terms of mobility, it will be easier to move in the streets with a
small pocket device rather than with a 1 square meter solid map...)

I am not active in that domain, so I can not help you anymore.

By the way, you did not mention whether you are or not visually impaired
or blind ?
(you need not reply that question - it was just to be sure that you will
be able to easily read the two articles I have cited...)

You also did not mention if you are studying a bachelor or a Master degree.

Best wishes,