[Openstreetmap-dev] Coding standards?

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Aug 2 10:53:28 BST 2005

Hi,

> re: java I was brought up to appreciate
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_notation

Yea.... hungarian notation.......

Well, since there are so many people out there that seems to like this,
even in strong typed and object orientated languages like Java, I can't
get the "it's unusual" argument on my side anymore ;-).

I don't like it, but I follow if its already established ;)

> but neither were strictly followed, and Tom now writes most java.

Does Tom like hungarian notation? ;)

> What stuff would you like to work on?

Since the guys at OpenZaurus need some time to support my brand new C3100
model, and since Sharp did not release the development environment for
C3100 yet, I have trouble to develop stuff for my zaurus :-(  (I would be
really fond of any help setting up a development environment here ;)

I assume I'll take a closer look to the java applet and java stand alone
client. Maybe some tasks from bugzilla or the wiki. I'll look at what
specific can be done this evening (+2GMT) and tell ya later.

Ciao, Imi.