[Openstreetmap-dev] Future Plan?

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Aug 5 13:19:22 BST 2005

* @ 05/08/05 10:06:13 AM immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
> I am a bit puzzled about what is done by others in the near future (and as
> back impact: What is useless to do by me, since it get removed soon ;).
>
> I would endore an wiki page with such a todo list.

Just created

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/What_people_are_working_on

> It could be done using bugzilla or similar software too (e.g.
> sourceforge's task system) but for myself I found a wiki best at keeping
> volatile things like task subscibes and todos ;).

Something to do is get the things off the wiki roadmap and in to
bugzilla as assignable tasks. Tom hasn't had time, feel free

> (By the way, I would even prefer to use the wiki for bug tracing instead
> of bugzilla, but thats just my opinion ;)

Sure.. I'm happy either way... but bugzilla gives a lot of flexibility
in tracking and magically mailing people etc

> - Tom's doing some java applet thing?

Saw a demo of it last night, its really coming.

> - Steve is digging rubies to throw Tom's java applet away? (How would ruby
> work with web pages? I thought it is just a script language like python?)
> So I was told not to do java, since it got thrown away.

yeah

idea is to replace all the jsp with eRuby, or maybe rails.

Things have been a little stalled because today, last weekend and the
weekend before I've been at conferences speaking about osm.

Speaking of which I grabbed the 400 meg movie of the WTH talk but iMovie
won't import it. if someone could make a smaller version... or we have
to wait for the WTH people to do so. also waiting on the opentech audio
/ video.. see:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Past_Events

> - Steve is also restless to become XmlRpc-less, so implementing a client
> using XmlRpc is suboptimal at current time too, right?

/me nods

> - Somebody is trying to import US-gouvernment data into the data base?

ben has been

> - There is the osm-editor I will have a look at todays evening (could it
> be possible to get it run on my Zaurus?)

that'd be nick

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/