[Openstreetmap-dev] Future Plan?

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 10:06:13 BST 2005

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled about what is done by others in the near future (and as
back impact: What is useless to do by me, since it get removed soon ;).

I would endore an wiki page with such a todo list.

It could be done using bugzilla or similar software too (e.g.
sourceforge's task system) but for myself I found a wiki best at keeping
volatile things like task subscibes and todos ;).

(By the way, I would even prefer to use the wiki for bug tracing instead
of bugzilla, but thats just my opinion ;)

>From what I gathered up to now:
- Tom likes to move some feature requests I wasn't able to find in the
wiki to bugzilla. (Why not let them in the wiki and link the page some
more? ;)
- Tom's doing some java applet thing?
- Steve is digging rubies to throw Tom's java applet away? (How would ruby
work with web pages? I thought it is just a script language like python?)
So I was told not to do java, since it got thrown away.
- Steve is also restless to become XmlRpc-less, so implementing a client
using XmlRpc is suboptimal at current time too, right?
- Somebody is trying to import US-gouvernment data into the data base?
- There is the osm-editor I will have a look at todays evening (could it
be possible to get it run on my Zaurus?)

Ciao, Imi.