[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: OSM map down (Internal Server Error 500 on OSM.)

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Aug 11 16:50:42 BST 2005

* @ 11/08/05 04:38:02 PM sxpert at esitcom.org wrote:
> SteveC wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Mind posting to openstreetmap-dev so other people can see too?
> >
> >* @ 11/08/05 04:11:43 PM erjohan at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >>Is that intended behaviour? Seems kind of pointless to me (hehe! ;-)
> >>there usually are two points defining a line, not just one).
> >

> >I think you mean 'the xml looks kind of bad, with lots of trkpt's inside
> >tksegs  within trks'. And no, it isn't brilliant but 1) gzip encoding
> >will make this very small on the network and 2) Can you think of a
> >better way of doing it in gpx?
>
> yeah, sort the points, and make multipoint trackseg where nodes connect ?

What I wanted to do was list the nodes UIDs and lat/lon, and then list
the connections between nod UID's. Didn't see a nice way of doing the
latter half in GPX.

What you're saying sounds kind of similar.

It sounds like you're trying to get away from repeating the lat/lon
information on every trkseg like I was. Got some example xml we can look
at?

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/