[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: where's the vaporware ?

Amaury Jacquot sxpert at esitcom.org
Fri Aug 12 11:25:34 BST 2005

Tom Carden wrote:
> Some cheeky guy wrote:
>
>> heya,
>> how's the thing coming ?
>

> As usual, development has been subject to unexpected "ooh shiny!"
> distractions.  Like somebody leaving work yesterday and offering to buy
> everyone beer,

yeah, never skip free beer :D

[SNIP]

> 3. Choose line width and node size based on scale
> is hard, and I wouldn't mind some help (at the moment I just have +/-
> keys change the line thickness) it's not totally necessary before
> release though.

consider a lane to be 4 meters & calculate the segment width according
to the scale ( see
http://www.navsys.org/cvs/mapeditor/src/track.c?rev=1.10&only_with_tag=viewer-version&view=auto
for related earth size constants)
of course, minimal segment width of 1 px ;D

> I should have an hour in my lunch break.  Fingers crossed.  Suggestions
> for 3 gratefully accepted.  Your task is to generate a stroke weight in
> pixels, based on numbers like degrees per pixel, kilometers per pixel,
> pixels per metre - whatever you need.

see above :D

> Tom.

Amaury