[Openstreetmap-dev] mash-up

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 15:49:23 GMT 2005

> Johan Sundström (not yet on this list?) tried to mash us up with
> Google Maps.  I'm not sure he's on the right track.
>
> http://ecmanaut.blogspot.com/2005/12/map-mashup-feasibility-study.html

Me neither, it sounds awfully fiddly.  Just van den Broecke's approach was
much smarter I think.

http://www.geoskating.com/gmap/osm-gmap.html

(This is *great* as a progress report, and a thought experiment, but usual
caveats apply about not being tempted to use it whilst editing).

> By the way, I've covered some more parts of eastern Sweden in the
> last weeks, as summarized by the screenshot in my OSM diary/blog.
> This part of Scandinavia can now start to compete with Oslo.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/User:LA2#Diary

Fantastic stuff!

Tom.