[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 02:38:36 GMT 2005

On 12/16/05, Tommy Persson <tpe at ida.liu.se> wrote:
> > If that's the case, I'm wondering should we change the GPX upload procedure
> > so that a GPX file is PUT in the same way that OSM-format XML is PUT in the
> > 0.2 API? From a glance at the documentation of two HTTP clients (cURL and
> > the Qt HTTP API) it seems easy to use PUT to upload data, but I'm having
> > trouble finding documentation on how to upload whole files as the current
> > GPX uploader does.
>
> Yes, please.  I was also looking for documentation of how to upload a
> file using cURL.  Also, how do you get information about which files
> you already have uploaded?

They are all there on the "gps traces" tab, when you are logged in you
can upload files an see the ones you have uploaded. As it stands now
the upload page checks your cookie when you are logging in.

> When you access track what does it mean that the data is "paged"?

In "dao.rb" there is a "Limit $pages,5000" on the SQL that feteches
trackpoint fromthe DB. I don't think you get any data if the amount of
trackpoint in your request exceeds 5000 and no page number was
defined. Not sure though, my memory might fail me.

The REST interface is documented in the wiki.

--
/Erik