[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: Experimenting with SVG and JavaScript

Ben Gimpert ben at somethingmodern.com
Thu Jul 21 05:43:29 BST 2005

Nick,

There was talk at some point about code to check if the browser
supports the SVG MIME type. If yes, send over the rendered SVG. If no,
then run the SVG through a PNG converter (Cairo) and send that over
instead. This way you still one basic rendering code (to SVG), but
support the predominant lack-of-browser-SVG-support configuration.

In my opinion, requiring JavaScript for dynamic stuff is reasonable.

	Ben