[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: MySQL opens discussion forum for GIS applications

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Jul 30 15:23:58 BST 2005

[Amaury Jacquot]
> how does that compare to the postgresql 8 offering ?

Preferring postgresql myself, I still do not believe we should go
beyond opengis features.  This way we can switch between databases
without too much hassle, and make our programs independent of a single
database system.

It is good to see that mysql starts to support opengis, and I hope
this will make it easier for Steve to start using it.  Are the
postgresql and mysql opengis features compatible?