[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: Street Names

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat May 28 18:33:22 BST 2005

[Ben]
> ...the key named "name", associated with streets, is now visible in
> the editor.

Cool.  I can see them, but it is hard to understand which street they
refer to.

Are there support for showing location names as well? 'W 51st St' seem
to be a point and not a street.  Is that correct?

I guess it is impossible to edit the names using the applet?  Is this
correct?

> Both our applet and map viewer have slowed down (again), until
> someone stares at the SQL queries in getLines(). But I think it's a
> fair tradeoff.

Eh, yeah.  I noticed.  And the map drawing has been coming and going
the whole day.  I tried asking the people in #geo on irc.oftc.net, but
no-one there knew.