[Openstreetmap-dev] osm-editor on Windows progress

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Sun Oct 9 09:15:24 BST 2005

A quick update...

> a) Landsat doesn't work for some reason. This is not a network issue, as I
> can grab tracks off the Freemap server fine (both are simple HTTP requests
> using cURL).

Landsat appears to work at home so this was probably just some firewall issue.

> b) The application won't yet talk to the GPS. Haven't figured out why;
> gpsbabel under windows will talk to the GPS, and the version of jeeps in
> osm-editor is now the version from gpsbabel, which should support Windows.

I still can't get this to work. Stripped the GPS code down to the absolute
basics required to communicate with the GPS using the gpsbabel jeeps gave
these results:

Console (DOS) program - worked
Basic Qt application (minimal code) - worked
Embedded within osm-editor - didn't work

It appears osm-editor is doing *something* which interferes with communicating
with the GPS. However, what exactly, I do not know....

Nick

*However*, the same code embedded withi