[Openstreetmap-dev] Key-and-value schema (was: Re: [Openstreetmap] Segments with more than two points?)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Sep 11 16:12:28 BST 2005

>Yes.

>Streets - made of multiple street segments - are already in the
>database and on the wiki:

>http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/REST#Streets

>But I havn't written the ruby/REST for it yet.

[From regular mailing list - moved to dev]

Maybe now would be a good time to talk about a schema for incorporating
keys/values in the GPX? I can probably do some stuff on this in the next 3
weeks or so, as soon as I've put some AJAX live editing stuff in Freemap
which I want to get done. Maybe within trkseg:

<extensions>
<name>Bloggs Street</name>
<permissions foot="1" horse="1" car="1"/>
<class>3</class>
</extensions>

where foot, horse, car are key names representing the permissions on that
segment, and class (another key?) is some indication of the class of a
road, e.g. 1=motorway/autobahn/autoroute/freeway, 2=A road/N road(fr)/state
road(us), 3=B road/D road(fr), 4=unclassified street, 5=unclassified
country lane, 6=residential road (of limited interest to through traffic),
7=track, 8=path?

Nick