[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM-Editor compile report and first impressions

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 14:41:59 BST 2005

Niccolo Rigacci <niccolo at rigacci.org>@vr.ucl.ac.uk on 14/09/2005 14:37:05

Sent by:    openstreetmap-dev-bounces at vr.ucl.ac.uk

To:    openstreetmap-dev at vr.ucl.ac.uk
  SRTMConGen.cpp
  SRTMDataGrid.cpp
  SRTMGeneral.cpp

Now it compiles and runs!

>As stated in the README I had to install the libqt3-dev on my
>Debian Etch, but the Debian packages states:

> WARNING: The nonthreaded version of Qt3 is considered
> deprecated and may disappear anytime in the future. Please use
> libqt3-mt-dev instead (Read README.Debian for instructions).

Wasn't aware of that, I just installed libqt3-dev, didn't report any
errors.

>Unfortunatelly installing libqt3-mt-dev (which removes
>libqt3-dev) prevents linking:

  >/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

>I'm not skilled in QT programming, but I can do some compile test
>on the current Debian Testing, if you mind.

If you change the -lqt to -lqt-mt in the Makefile, it should work.

>Finally the editor is running, quite slow on my Pentium III
>500 MHz: about 6 seconds to refresh a 600 points track.

It could be significantly optimised. I will try and get round to doing this
at some stage but it may be some time as there are a number of other
Freemap and OSM related things I need to get done first, sorry about that.
However if anyone wants to check out the source and work on it....

Nick