[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM-Editor compile report and first impressions

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Wed Sep 14 14:37:05 BST 2005

> You can ask Steve for a login, but it may be best if I just make the change
> myself.

Ok, I added "#include <cmath>" to:

  SRTMConGen.cpp
  SRTMDataGrid.cpp
  SRTMGeneral.cpp

Now it compiles and runs!

As stated in the README I had to install the libqt3-dev on my
Debian Etch, but the Debian packages states:

> WARNING: The nonthreaded version of Qt3 is considered
> deprecated and may disappear anytime in the future. Please use
> libqt3-mt-dev instead (Read README.Debian for instructions).

Unfortunatelly installing libqt3-mt-dev (which removes
libqt3-dev) prevents linking:

  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

I'm not skilled in QT programming, but I can do some compile test
on the current Debian Testing, if you mind.

Finally the editor is running, quite slow on my Pentium III
500 MHz: about 6 seconds to refresh a 600 points track.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy

War against Iraq? Not in my name!