[Openstreetmap-dev] Is this license ok?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sat Sep 17 23:53:15 BST 2005

Hi,

can someone with better understanding of legal issues (means: better
than zero ;) confirm, that I can use code under the following license in
my software for OSM (provided under GPL), assuming that I do not alter
his code..

http://www.geovrml.org/geotransform/license.html

The basic problem is, that the autor of this want's to be informed if
someone change his work. GPL does not require this restriction.

I don't know, whether the thingie "inform me if you change it" is
conform to GPL. Even if not: Must the software linked into my GPL-code
be pure-GPL-conform?

I'll ask the autor if nobody knows here ;-)

Thanks, Imi.