[Openstreetmap-dev] Data primitives correct?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 18:53:18 BST 2005

Hi,

I am still puzzled about the capabilities OpenStreetMap provides. GPX
defines primitives as "Waypoints", "Tracks", "Routes" but OSM seem not
to have equal data. The REST-wiki-page talks about "Nodes", "Streets",
"Point of Interest", "Line segments" etc...

The applet source knows "Nodes" and "Lines".

So I have setup a page describing the primitives in OSM from what I
think could be a bit correct from all places:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/DataPrimitives

Can someone confirm this is what should be possible in OSM?

Ciao, Imi.