[Openstreetmap-dev] WGS84/UTM/Lambda... Projection library

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 19 11:09:40 BST 2005

Hi

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> JEEPS (no url, code extracted and ported from osm-editor)
> Can someone give me a working url? The code I found used the Airy1830
> ellipsoid and can transform GdC<->UTM, which is just the basic need ;).
> But I would be pleased to include some more projections in my code, for
> people who have background maps of different systems (here in germany,
> we usually have Gauß/Krüger maps with either Krassowski or GR80)

I had a download from this URL in my archives:
ftp://ftp.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/pub/ajb/jeeps/
(Ver 0.0.1 - 0.1.3) but the host isn't found any more

gpsbabel (http://www.gpsbabel.org/)
seems to continue development of jeeps (seems to be based on 0.1.3
CVS (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/jeeps/)
shows some changes in the last few days

linuxcar (http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxcar)
has a updated Lib (but also from 2003)