[Openstreetmap-dev] WGS84/UTM/Lambda... Projection library

Ben Gimpert ben at somethingmodern.com
Mon Sep 19 17:36:52 BST 2005

Hi Immanuel,

A little while back, I ported a crufty but decent (1980's) C projection
library from the Defense Mapping agency. It does the UTM projections
with all of the various popular ellipsoids. The port is in Ruby, so if
you would consider using a real language ;) <troll, troll, troll> you
could just call it:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=OpenStreetMap&path=%2Futils%2Ftiger_import%2Ftiger%2Futm.rb

		Ben