[Openstreetmap-dev] Proposal for an own xml format

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Mon Sep 26 15:45:02 BST 2005

Hi,
I'm reading the list because in spare time I collect GPS data of
national roads to build free geodata.

This is a part of what I surveyed till now:
http://paros.rigacci.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/maps/strade.map&mode=browse
(please zoom-in near Florence).

I'm looking for a way to upload my (cleaned) data to OSM, but
national roads are a bit different from city streets:

- Many nodes per road.
- Wish an editor to average several survey tracks into a
  "cleaned" one.
- 3d (elevation) and 4d (time) are very interesting to build
  altimetry and speed tables.

>     <node id="12345" lat="42.0" lon="23.0" />
>     <node id="15" lat="17.01234" lon="33.6" />

I suggest to include 4d from the beginning: little effort, but
great advantage.

Any suggestion on uploading my data to OSM will be apreciated.

Thanks.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy