[OSM-dev] Ordering of Segments within Ways

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Tue Apr 11 11:53:02 BST 2006

Imi
Excellent.  I've been using JOSM exclusively for some time now so I
hadn't noticed that you could do this within the applet.

Any chance of getting this feature in JOSM any time soon?

One additional consideration when rendering text along a path is that
the segments have to be drawn in the correct direction.  I'm currently
getting ways like "Frankfurt am Main" being rendered as "FrankM ma
trufain" until I turn around the segment.

Any chance of being able to change the direction of segments any time soon?

BTW I hope that Osmarender 1.4 with support for names on segments and
ways will be ready by lunchtime.

Etienne

On 4/11/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I'm looking at rendering street names on roads.
> >
> > I expected to just be able to define a path that followed the segments
> > in a way.  But on closer inspection ways appear to be only a
> > collection of segments not an ordered list.
>
> No. Segments are ordered within ways.
>

> > Has any thought been given to the ordering of segments within a way?
>
> They are strictly ordered after they occour within the xml document
> uploaded to the server.
>

> When using the applet, you can see the order of the segments in the third
> tab of the property page of the way. You can rearrange the order by using
> the up/down buttons.
>
> JOSM tries to reorder the linesegemnts to be in a straight line before
> creating a way out of them. (This works only if the segments ARE in a
> straight ;). Currently you cannot rearrange the order of line segments in
> JOSM.
>

> Ciao, Imi.

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)