[OSM-dev] Ordering of Segments within Ways

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 11 12:12:13 BST 2006

Hi,

> Excellent.  I've been using JOSM exclusively for some time now so I
> hadn't noticed that you could do this within the applet.

There is a short introduction for these who have ogg/theora installed:
http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/tutorials/applet-tutorial-ways.ogg

> Any chance of getting this feature in JOSM any time soon?
> Any chance of being able to change the direction of segments any time
> soon?

Although implementing features always gets the most applause from users, I
insist to implement the timestamp-checking stuff first ;-). Don't know how
long this will take, but I am also busy doing boring real life stuff these
days.. :-(.

And worst, I will not have a computer during easter holidays, so don't
expect anything until end of next week from me, probably longer... ;-(.

> One additional consideration when rendering text along a path is that
> the segments have to be drawn in the correct direction.  I'm currently
> getting ways like "Frankfurt am Main" being rendered as "FrankM ma
> trufain" until I turn around the segment.

>From the applet?? I doubt that, since the applet just drops the name over
the middle segment (the middle segment in the array)  ;-).

Ciao, Imi.