[OSM-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Prototype OSM renderer showing road types, place names and contours

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 14:50:25 BST 2006

On 4/11/06, Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Anyone else have any opinions on this?

(Switched to dev).

Is your code in Trac so we can take a look?

I think since you've done the hard bit (deciding what to draw, how to
draw it) then converting it to Ruby shouldn't be a big job at all.

Would it be any faster?  Probably not.  Would the memory overhead be
reduced?  Who knows.  Will it be worth trying?  I'd say finish your
PHP version and we'll convert it if it's a problem.

But that's just me.

T.