[OSM-dev] Summer of Code?

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Sat Apr 15 12:54:10 BST 2006

Google seem to have anounced this year's summer of code (where they pay
students to write open source code, under the supervision of mentors from
those projects). Full details for mentors and mentoring organisations are
here:
 	http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html

Would it be worth OSM signing up to be a mentoring organisation, and
suggesting a few projects?

(If we do go ahead, we'd need to suggest some summer sized projects, and
have some people volunteer to mentor the students. We'd also get $500 /
student that gets accepted by google, which could help with hosting /
machines)

Nick