[OSM-dev] Summer of Code?

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Sat Apr 15 15:17:00 BST 2006

On Saturday 15 Apr 2006 12:54, Nick Burch wrote:
> Would it be worth OSM signing up to be a mentoring organisation, and
> suggesting a few projects?

I'm not sure how keen Google, who've just spend millions on proprietary data
for Google maps, would be to sponsor a project that makes the data Free and
available to all with no constraints.

Even if it were in their interests (which I don't think it is), they might
feel it would compromise their business relationship with companies providing
their geodata.

That said, I don't suppose there's any harm in trying.

robert.