[OSM-dev] Summer of Code?

Wed Apr 19 15:28:07 BST 2006

Quoting Nick Burch <openstreetmap at gagravarr.org>:

> On a related matter: Does anyone know of any standard ways of
> attaching geo-locations to images and audio streams? I guess it could
> go in the EXIF data for the image, no idea about audio. Any one know?

For images:
http://www.exif.org/Exif2-2.PDF
section 4.6.6.

Not aware that there is a standard for audio.

> Then, you'd want a friendly UI, direct GPX output, waypoints etc.

It strikes me that (if done properly) this could be a real opportunity to get
some gee-whiz publicity for OSM. At present the project is hugely exciting for
us and for those in the wider world who "get" open data, but fairly abstruse
for Joe Public.

Having live data feeds which dynamically update the site, on the other
hand, is
_obviously_ cool. I'm thinking of something like Mikel's excellent
http://brainoff.com/osm/change/, but updated every couple of seconds, so you
could actually see people driving around. (Privacy discussion that way ------>
)

cheers