[OSM-dev] Summer of Code?

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:51:27 BST 2006

> It strikes me that (if done properly) this could be a real opportunity to
> get
> some gee-whiz publicity for OSM.

Defnitely - more so the provision of a service to use with A-GPS enabled
phones would put OSM in a pretty strong position to capitalise on the
supposed "next big thing".

Having live data feeds which dynamically update the site, on the other
> hand, is
> _obviously_ cool. I'm thinking of something like Mikel's excellent
> http://brainoff.com/osm/change/, but updated every couple of seconds, so
> you
> could actually see people driving around. (Privacy discussion that way
> ------>
> )

I'm sure the privacy could be dealt with along the lines of (
http://brainoff.com/osm/change) or the Taxi traces that Tom posted about on
on of the OSM lists a couple of weeks ago.