[OSM-dev] Re: PS: Re: New map renderer ready to go "live"

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Apr 27 17:51:35 BST 2006

* @ 25/04/06 09:05:18 PM nick at hogweed.org wrote:
>> The best thing might be for me to prepare the OSM index page so it's
>> compatible with my renderer... what do you think?

>Yes!

>Missed this before sending previous post.

>have fun,

>SteveC

Hello Steve,

On the bugs:

a) I put the black lines back in to test something. They can easily go.
b) I'll test it in the context of the OSM home page. It will inevitably
need my version of tile.js though (I have stripped off a lot of
apparently-redundant code, cleaned up the API and added some extra stuff -
lat/lon to x/y conversion - anyhow)
c) Not sure about Safari. Works in Konqueror though, which uses the same
engine.
d) Haven't tested on any zoom levels less detailed than about 9. It does
draw less detail at less-detailed zoom levels though. It will be a simple
job not to grab *any* D/B stuff at zooms < 9, say.

Might be good to coincide the launch of the new renderer with the new
servers next week? (assuming I get it all sorted by then)

Nick