[OSM-dev] Pointers for API documentation?

joshua joshua at willowisp.net
Thu Apr 27 21:48:04 BST 2006

Hi all,
My name is Joshua Layne - I am a user and list reader of roadmap (an open source map/gps viewer).  There have been some enhancements made to this program by others that allow for GPS path recording and annotation within the roadmap framework (perhaps similar to the Qt based app mentioned on your site).  roadmap uses processed tiger data to generate its maps, and as I am in california - I should be happy :)  But in many counties, the census data is inaccurate and I would love to be able to 'correct these paths' while using them (only while stopped at lights, etc... :) and then upload the corrected 'shifts' - openstreetmap seems to be a very good fit for this.  roadmap has a plugin architecture that would probably allow for an 'openstreetmap' plugin, whereby users could upload their annotated paths directly from the program.

Is there interest in this from your project?  If so, are there documented APIs for uploading (again, perhaps from the Qt-based system)?  I would very much appreciate any pointers to existing docs, etc... and also a feel for whether this is a good fit with your project.

Thanks in advances,

Joshua Layne  ('wisp' on the wiki)