[OSM-dev] planet.osm: Perl Module Namespace

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Aug 25 15:42:20 BST 2006

> Do you mean .pl? It stores every node in memory so for a whole planet that
> might be a problem.
>
> However I have created a hacked version of planetosm-to-db.pl which allows
> you to extract data within a given bounding box. It still needs to keep
> nodes and segments within the bounding box in memory (the only way to tell
> whether to accept a segment is to test whether the 2 nodes are in the
> bounding box) but if the bounding box is, say 5 by 10 degrees it should be
> OK (I'm just running it on the UK now).
>
> I'll commit this to subversion later today.

This is something similar which is done in the check_osm and osm-filer... So
maybe we should start the common namespace for funktions like the arealimit.
and reading with limited area, ...

What about starting the perl name space for osm-related perl stuff in svn
under utils/perl/Geo/... ?

I havn't got any replies to this suggestion yet.

-

Joerg