[OSM-dev] Alpha of rails OSM

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Mon Aug 28 08:20:33 BST 2006

On Saturday 26 Aug 2006 22:45, SteveC wrote:
> A rails implementation of OSM is 50 or 60% done. You can create an
> account, confirm it, log in. The node and segment API are done mostly.
> The way API is half done.
>
> The rails transition will mean going to 0.4 API. At minimum I think this
> will include editor uploading of GPX files and last position/zoom of
> users. I want to include opt-in to the privacy policy too so that the
> API will tell you who edited things. I also want to include the
> openlayers stuff chris/nick w have done but I havn't had a chance to
> look at it properly yet. Please shout if there are things you want
> added. Even better, get hacking yourself.

I've said this before but seeing as we're moving to 0.4, now would be a good
time to mention it again: what would be really good is an API call to take a
list of latitudes and longitudes, and have the server create a way out of it,
making editor code to create ways much simpler and less convoluted.

If we could agree on a format for the call to take, I *may* be able to do this
myself but probably not till around September 10th or so.

Nick