[OSM-dev] Consensus on areas?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Aug 28 10:58:46 BST 2006

> Do we have a consensus (particularly w.r.t the 0.4 API) with where we are
> going with areas? If I remember the outcome of the last discussion was to
> stick to one type i.e. ways and then have clients render the way either as
> a path or an area depending on the tags.

Well, some sort of "consens".

I still dislike this idea but nobody cares. So I don't care about areas
anymore.

Maybe sometime, if I have time and interest again, I will write a server
that use my proposed scheme some days ago to see whether it works and is
superiour. Until this, areas are supported by parsing tags on ways.

Ciao, Imi