[OSM-dev] JOSM plugin for direct serial read

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 14:25:03 GMT 2006

Nick,

I'm sure this is of interest to all those using a serial Etrex or Geko. At
the moment it's a two stage process of downloading using gpsbabel. Very
rarely from my Etrex do I need to set any gpsbabel filters so it's a step I
could happily cut out. The other neat trick would be to download photos from
my camera into JOSM too (including geotagging them) rather than having to do
the import separately.

All part of an integrated software platform which I'm sure will have great
appeal to the newer users and also those who use the Windows platform who
might be less used to doing things outside a single gui.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk